“I will partner in solidarity with Haitians building a nation free of child slavery, one neighborhood at a time.”
In neighborhoods throughout Haiti, Beyond Borders is training thousands of adults to launch Child Protection Brigades.
You, your friends and family, congregation, neighborhood, school or classroom can provide critically needed support to these all-volunteer neighborhood guardians as they do everything they can to end child slavery (restavèk) and abuse.
Child Protection Brigades bolster a neighborhood’s capacity to:
- Defend and Protect the Rights of All Children
- Recognize and Intervene in Cases of Restavèk and Abuse
- Challenge Attitudes that Tolerate Restavèk
- Find Safe Havens for Children Living in Restavèk
- Accompany Children in Seeking Police, Medical & Social Services
- Identify and Include Adult Survivors of Restavèk in National Advocacy Efforts
Partners who commit to giving or raising funds to support this work will receive:
- A Description & Map of the Community with Whom You are Partnered
- Progress Reports Featuring Successes & Challenges Across All Communities
- Photos from Child Protection Brigade Trainings & Awareness-Raising Events
- Feature Stories on Child Protection Brigade Leaders
Partner with Child Protection Brigade leaders and together we can end child slavery in Haiti – one neighborhood at a time. Click the ‘Partner’ button below to email us and get started.