We welcome your interest in advancing the mission and vision of Beyond Borders.
Everyone in the Beyond Borders family from donors to volunteers, board members, interns, and staff, plays an integral role in our shared mission to overcome poverty, prevent violence, and develop local leadership in Haiti.
We are honored that you would consider joining our team. Please click the link below to learn more about our current opportunities. Thank you for your interest in Beyond Borders!
The staff of Beyond Borders (April 2016)
Beyond Borders sees in Haiti the seeds for a new world where people overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, & act together. We are committed to supporting social movements and development efforts in Haiti, and we are looking for a Grants Coordinator to join our team and help us realize our goals.
If you’re a grants fundraising professional with excellent English writing skills, Haitian Creole language skills, a
solid understanding of grants management, and a spirit and passion for sustainable social change, keep reading
and apply today!
The Grants Coordinator Role:
The Grants Coordinator plays a crucial role in growing and maintaining Beyond Borders’ grants portfolio. The Grants Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing a grant fundraising strategy that expands and diversifies Beyond Borders’ grant donor base of support.
Our successful candidate will be a very strong writer (in English), have a solid understanding of all aspects of grant procurement and management, and be able to identify and capitalize on new trends and technologies.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Grants Coordinator works closely with colleagues in Haiti and
North America to meet annual fundraising goals and maintain accountability with grant donors. This position is
part of Beyond Borders’ Senior Management Team (SMT).Internship
A Day in the Life:
● Lead grant prospecting strategy to identify prospective grant makers for solicitation
● Develop donor profiles
● Present and prioritize opportunities in collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director
● Conduct outreach with prospective donors
Grant Proposal Development
● Lead on conceptualization and writing of proposals to grant makers, ensuring input from relevant staff
● Produce high quality grant proposals, including supporting materials as required by donors (logical
frameworks, budgets, etc.)
● Track and report on grant proposal status
● Coordinate with Finance staff to ensure development of budgets to accompany proposals
● Process quarterly program reports from field staff and program managers
● Write and submit high-quality, timely reports to grant donors, using donor templates and ensuring
compliance with grant partner guidelines
● Coordinate with Finance staff to ensure creation of financial reports to accompany narrative reports
● Collaborate with relevant staff for to ensure effective management of current grants
● Coordinate with Deputy Executive Director and Executive Director on grant donor outreach and relationship
● Develop and maintain tracking tools to ensure timely, effective fulfillment of grant reporting deadlines and
other compliance requirements
Grant Revenue Budgeting & Tracking
● Contribute to organizational revenue budgeting by providing annual and multi-annual grant revenue
● Support finance director to track grant revenue acquisition, commitments, and likelihoods
● Support finance staff to ensure effective tracking of grant revenue against expense budgets
● Support finance staff and management to identify grant fundraising priorities
Is This You?
● You’re passionate about social justice and a commitment to Beyond Borders’ mission and vision
● You have 5+ years of progressive experience in grant fundraising and writing
● You are fluent in English, with advanced written and verbal fluency
● You have a professional working knowledge of Haitian Creole (written and verbal)
● You collaborate effectively and respectfully with culturally diverse staff, partners, and donors
● You’re able to lead and coordinate grant management working teams and supervise interns
It’d be great if you:
● Have previous experience with large institutional donors, such as the European Commission, the United
Nations, and U.S. Agency for International Development, in additional to Foundations
● Have prior work experience in Haiti or Haiti-related development organizations
● Have Previous experience working within a non-governmental organization (NGO)
● Are able to travel to Haiti 2-3 times per year
This position offers:
● $50-60k annual salary, commensurate with experience
● An excellent benefits package
● 100% remote work, with possible travel to Haiti 2-3 times per year
● The opportunity to work with an amazing team to make a positive impact on Haiti
About Beyond Borders:
Beyond Borders sees in Haiti the seeds for a new world where people overcome great challenges by learning to question, dream, & act together, and where families & communities thrive on foundations of trust and mutual respect. With a mission to help people build social movements for liberation in Haiti, Beyond Borders works to equip Haitians to lead the movements to end child slavery, ensure quality primary education for all, prevent violence against women and girls, and promote sustainable livelihoods and economic justice.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why this position interests you and what makes you the one to be invited to join our team, to email@example.com.
Please use “Application-Grants Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. This position will remain open until the successful candidate has been selected.
Beyond Borders is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organizational
culture. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants including members of racialized groups, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier-free hiring process.
Creole-English Translator Volunteers
Application deadline: Ongoing
Beyond Borders is currently looking for volunteers to help with translating important documents from Haitian Creole to English and vise-versa. As a translator, you will be translating a wide variety of documents ranging from articles, reports, planning documents, data spreadsheets, proposals, budgets, website content, and more! You will be a member of a volunteer translator team, supporting the Beyond Borders’ team in Haiti and North America, under the direction and support of the Deputy Executive Director.
To be a Volunteer Translator, you are/have:
- Fluent in both English and Haitian Creole
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Prior experience as a translator
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional time management capabilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and Google applications, particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets,
- Ability to work independently
- Personal values that align with Beyond Borders’ vision for Haiti
- General understanding of and interest in issues of social justice, human rights, and international development
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in volunteering to Kristie van de Wetering at firstname.lastname@example.org with Application: Volunteer Translators in the subject line.
Beyond Borders is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates including people of color and women are encouraged to apply.